Maturity Model in Practice – SCIROCCO self-assessment tool
The SCIROCCO self-assessment tool is an online self- assessment tool with an objective to assess a region’s readiness for integrated care. It builds on the conceptual Maturity Model for Integrated Care developed by the B3 Action Group on Integrated Care of the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing.
The SCIROCCO tool helps regions to:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of their regional context for integrated care and inform national, regional and local policy-makers about potential areas of improvement;
- Adopt and transfer integrated care good practices by identifying their maturity requirements and requirements for the potential transferability and scaling-up;
- Facilitate multi-stakeholder dialogues on progress towards the implementation and delivery of integrated care;
- Facilitate twinning and coaching activities that help regions and organisations to better understand the local conditions that enable the successful deployment of integrated care.
How to access SCIROCCO self-assessment tool? The SCIROCCO tool can be accessed online by using the following link https://scirocco-project- msa.inf.ed.ac.uk/login/
How to use SCIROCCO self-assessment tool? The SCIROCCO self-assessment tool consists of different elements:
- An on-line maturity assessment questionnaire
- organised along 12 domains of SCIROCCO Maturity Model for integrated care and the assessment scale
- spider diagram illustrating the assessment outcomes
- and opportunity to share and compare spider diagrams of different users as a basis for consensus-building.
- A set of methodologies on how to use SCIROCCO tool for three different purposes:
- Assessing the maturity of a health and care system towards integrated care
- Assessing the maturity requirements of a particular good practices in integrated care
- Facilitating knowledge transfer and twinning and coaching activities between regions and organisations in order to better understand the local conditions that enable the adoption of integrated care.
- A set of illustrative videos and materials on how to use SCIROCCO self-assessment tool
The SCIROCCO tool has been tested in more than 60 and organisations in Europe and beyond, including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada and the US. If you are interested to hear about users’ experience in using the tool in the framework of the full SCIROCCO Self-assessment Process please visit our section “Ready for adoption and scaling-up of integrated care? Try the SCIROCCO Self-assessment Process at www.scirocco-project.eu/regions-self-assessment.
For a quick introduction and “offline” demonstration please download/view our “Tutorial: Using the SCIROCCO Online Self-assessment Tool for Assessing the Maturity of a Healthcare System”
If you are interested to hear more about the SCIROCCO tool and on getting involved into its application in practice, please contact Project Coordinator Donna Henderson firstname.lastname@example.org
This 9 minutes demo video illustrates the practical use of the Maturity Model and its on-line tool, in the multi-disciplinary setting, to assess the maturity requirements of good practice for its adoption and transferability.
This 5 minutes demo video illustrates the practical use of the SCIROCCO on-line tool, in the multi-disciplinary setting, to assess the maturity of the healthcare systems for integrated care.
This video provides a demo of the Self Assessment Consensus Meeting using the SCIROCCO on-line tool.
This video provides a tutorial on how to use the on-line tool developed by SCIROCCO for assessing
- the maturity requirements of a good practice,
- the maturity of a health and care system.