Summary of the good practice:
- LiU is an award-winning online digital self-management service which empowers people, aged 50 and over, to use technology to manage their health and wellbeing, and be better connected to their communities.
- LiU has been co-designed and co-produced by a range of partners in the public, statutory, voluntary and private sectors.
- LiU’s person-centred platform supports the management of the high-costs of caring for an ageing demographic and a growing population living with long-term conditions, through a series of prevention and early intervention initiatives.
Challenge addressed by the good practice
Main focus is around supporting people with LTC’s, as well as carers of citizens whom are diagnosed with LTC’s via a digital on line service.
- Encompassing that wellbeing and social care aspect, promoting local community services
- Accessibility of services, ensuring equality and diversity is embedded.
Provide preventative solutions, services and tools to avoid the need of GP appointments
- Support and provide a basis of an overarching national platform that can be integrated with other digital services and products.
Key innovative elements of the good practice
Full Scirocco information on the good practice
Publications and reports on the good practice
A practice report, a visit to implementation site.
Contact point: Russell Scott: firstname.lastname@example.org